What is a Hackathon?
- A Hackathon is a competition where participants tackle challenges over the space of two days.
- The purpose is to pursue exciting new technology to come up with creative ways to solve real world industry problems.
- The goal of a Hackathon is to create a functioning solution/prototype by the end of the two days.
Our data analyst hackathons are incredible, driving innovation and collaboration. Participants showcase analytical prowess, solving real-world challenges to optimise decision-making. These events unleash groundbreaking insights, empowering our organisation to excel in the data-driven era.
What is a Hack Challenge?
A Hack Challenge is a problem that people are actually facing and is a real industry problem. They can be anything from a piece of automation to help with a repetitive task, to an abstract constraint for which we want to explore blue-sky solutions. Participants select a challenge from the list at the hack and try to solve the problem using data in just two days. With no pressures or restrictions from everyday work, their solutions can be incredibly creative and innovative.
What makes a good Hack Challenge?
Good Starting Point
What data do we need?
Not all challenges need data. However, many challenges do need data.
Data provided to teams can be anonymised by Projecting Success and anyone who brings a challenge will have the opportunity to look over their data after it is anonymised to make sure they are happy with it before it is released.
At a recent Hack we received challenge areas from various areas within project delivery:
Behaviours In Projects
1. Work efficiency curve
2. Leaders in Design
3. Developing Sustainable East Midlands Power Unit Using Data
4. Project Performance - Can I believe it?
5. Smart Assist - Clippy 2.0
6. Optimising Delivery through Colloboration Insights
7. Extreme Weather Tracking Tool
8. Climate Resilience and Impact on Fast and Reliable Journey Metrics
9. Carbon Benchmarking
10. Project Chatter Bot
11. Project Bid Cataloguer
12. Progress Pathway Tool
13. GreenOps Calculator
14. Risk Management Insight
15. Integrated Risk App and Visualisation Solution
16. Estates Risk Profile
17. Automated WBS Planning for Crossrail2
18. Learning from WBS Diversity
19. UNSPSC - A spoonful of UNSPSC;s makes the medicine go down